Christmas festivities kick into overdrive this week and we've put together an entire weekend's itinerary if you're lucky enough to be in Bowling Green, Kentucky December 1-3! However, there are plenty of chances to be merry and bright around town throughout the entire winter holiday season.
Here are our Top Ten Things to Do this Christmas in Bowling Green, in no particular order of course!
- Align your skates at the downtown SoKY Ice Rink for a fun afternoon or evening of outdoor ice-skating with family or friends.
- Unlock the magic of community spirit at any of the area's THREE Christmas parades December 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- Reverse back in time with a tour of Riverview at Hobson Grove, Bowling Green's historic house museum, or catch the special evening Candlelight Tour on December 9.
- Accelerate the feelings of peace and goodwill with a live theatrical performance.
- Recall your favorite Christmas carols and contemporary songs with a holiday concert at SKyPAC, the Capitol, WKU Van Meter Hall or an area church.
- Navigate the Trees of Christmas display at the Eloise B. Houchens Center where local non-profits illuminate both the historic home and their missions.
- Supercharge the season with a walk through thousands of lights at Fountain Square Park in the heart of town or a Walk Through Bethlehem at Grace Baptist Church.
- Get Santa up to speed on your wishlist during Breakfast with Santa, Storytime with Santa or Christmas in Kentucky.
- Shift gears and gaze at the twinkling stars at WKU Hardin Planetarium for its seasonal show, Celebrations for a Long, Winter's Night.
- Load your sleigh with gifts from area boutiques, flea markets, farmer's markets, and specialty shops.
Visit our Christmas Holiday landing page for details and links for more information about any of these events and activities! Be sure to download our Visit Bowling Green app to keep up with times and locations while on the go.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from our crew to yours!