When a town claims "Master of Horror" John Carpenter as a former resident, you can be pretty sure there are some fun events going on during…
Bowling Green, Ky In the News
Bowling Green Spotlight
Check out some headlines about Vette City
Readers Digest: 15 Most Underrated American Cities Worth a Visit
Trade horses for muscle cars by visiting Bowling Green, Kentucky, a city of 65,000 two hours south of Derby City, where you can check out the National Corvette Museum (and test drive a Corvette) and tour the GM Corvette assembly plant. Explore Mammoth Cave National Park, home to the world’s longest cave—if you dare. Less adventurous types can head to Chaney’s Dairy Barn to see the milkers in action and watch ice cream being made.
Located in southern Kentucky, Bowling Green probably isn't the first place that comes to mind when adventure travelers are planning the next destinations to add to their bucket list. But this charming city has plenty to offer anyone looking to soak up the local hospitality while also enjoying some adrenaline-inducing activities too. Visitors will find plenty to like here, with outstanding adventures found above, below, and on the ground
If you’re like me and have never been to Bowling Green, it’s time to change that. Whether you’re traveling solo or bringing the whole family, there’s an adventure waiting for you there, and plenty of food and drinks to satisfy when you’re all done with thrill-seeking.
Corporate Event News: Corvettes, Caves and Conventions: Bowling Green, Kentucky
Situated in Southern Kentucky’s Cave Country and only an hour north of Nashville, Bowling Green, Kentucky is an interesting off-the-beaten-path option for your next small or mid-sized meeting or corporate retreat.
While Nashville is known as "Music City," there's a neighboring town that needs to be on every music lover's radar. Just a short, one-hour drive from the popular Tennessee capital is Kentucky's, Bowling Green. Not only is the state's third largest city home to Western Kentucky University, it also has an up-and-coming music scene you can't ignore.
Bowling Green is Kentucky's third-largest city, after Louisville (about 100 miles to the northeast) and Lexington, with a population of just over 65,000. It's the home of a number of Civil War landmarks, exquisite old homes, and remarkable public buildings that can be visited on foot or by car on a leisurely drive. It's easy to navigate, and has many wonderful restaurants to choose from. It's also full of Southern hospitality. Everyone that I met there treated me like I was an old friend.
We're Getting Noticed!
Here is some noteworthy coverage the city and our attractions have received:
- The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and Bowling Green Assembly Plant were featured on National Geographic Channel’s popular Ultimate Factories series- November 2007
- Bowling Green was featured on the Food Network's combination travel and food show, Feasting on Asphalt. The episode, “I Smell Pork,” included visits to Duncan Hines’ former Home and Office, Hines’ gravesite and Smokey Pig restaurant- July 2006
- National Geographic Adventure Magazine selected Bowling Green as one of the 50 Best Adventure Towns in the country- 2007 '50 Best Places to Live and Play' issue
- CNNMoney.com ranked Bowling Green as the 12th Best Place to Launch a Small Business for its size category of small cities with a population less than 250,000- 2009
- Bowling Green and the Bowling Green Area CVB were named toSportsEvents Magazine’s list of “Sports Destinations to Watch" as voted on by readers- 2011
- The National Corvette Museum was named one of the “Top 10 Automobile Museums” by Edmunds.com- 2007
- Olde Stone was named #8 in Golf Digest's ranking of America's Best New Courses in 2007 and #87 on GolfWeek’s Top 100 Modern Courses in 2010
- Chaney’s Dairy Barn was named the Best Ice Cream Parlor in Kentucky byUSA Today- 2010
- Forbes magazine ranked Bowling Green #19 on list of Best Small Places for Businesses and Careers- 2009
- Beech Bend Amusement Park was chosen as one of the Top 5 Friendliest Parks and its Kentucky Rumbler one of the Top 20 Best Wooden Roller Coasters by Amusement Today readers- 2007-2010
- Aviation Heritage Park was featured on KET's program "Kentucky Life" in 2013
What Will You Write about Us?!
Media Contact: Beth Noffsinger, Public Relations Manager