Cameron is an avid park lover, goer, user, you name it! We also want to mention he is a Bowling Green City Parks employee - so he knows his stuff. He…
Bowling Green, Ky In the News
Bowling Green Spotlight
Check out some headlines about Vette City
Thrillist: 11 Travel Ideas to Get You Out and About This October
And speaking of John Carpenter, his hometown of Bowling Green, Kentucky, is a campy destination for horror movie lovers who can take The Reel Sites, Real Scary: John Carpenter Driving Tour. Among the many movie-related stops, you’ll see the eerie log cabin he grew up in.
Travel+Leisure: How Popular Halloween Spots Around the U.S. Are Handling COVID-19
Horror film fans can retrace John Carpenter’s steps (known for his “Halloween” movie franchise), hitting up 17 different locations that inspired him, including the log cabin where he lived when he was young. The driving tour allows people to remain in their cars and away from other people, making it a COVID-19-safe activity.
AFAR: Nine of the Most Surprising Cities in the U.S.
Some out-of-towners might be surprised to learn that this small Southern enclave, whose population hovers just under 68,000, is a significant refugee resettlement city. Travelers can ... learn more about the history, culture, faith, art, and folklore of the Bosnian community through the Kentucky Museum’s oral history project “A Culture Carried: Bosnians in Bowling Green.”
Travel + Leisure: The Best Places to Travel in May
Travel might be complicated right now, but use our inspirational trip ideas to plan ahead for your next bucket list adventure. Located an hour’s drive north of Nashville, Bowling Green has lots going on this spring, and there's something for everyone, from sports car fans to aviation buffs to train enthusiasts.
O The Oprah Magazine: 50 Budget-Friendly Road Trips the Whole Gang Will Love
Located only an hour north of Nashville, Bowling Green is full of family-friendly activities. Jump into adventure with an underground river cruise or ziplining at Lost River Cave, or explore the longest underground cave system in the world at Mammoth Cave National Park
Reader's Digest: 12 Best Last-Minute Spring Break Plans
Bowling Green is a hidden gem perfect for spring travel. Car lovers will want to start at the National Corvette Museum, which is just across the street from the GM Corvette Assembly Plant, where every single Corvette in the world is produced.
Reader's Digest: The Best Fall Weekend Getaways
To get a bit of leaf-peeping and a lot of unique activities, head south to Bowling Green, Kentucky, one of 12 hidden gems that are way cheaper in the fall. Here, you can get your heap of leaves, and then take your children to explore the world's longest-known cave system, Mammoth Cave National Park.
Lexington Herald-Leader: More than a sinkhole: This Ky. town is benefiting from small-town America fascination
It helps that Bowling Green (population 68,401) punches considerably above its weight, with a wealth of attractions that would do justice to a city three times its size.
USA Today: Couples' trips: 9 outdoor getaways in the U.S. where romance and adventure meet
You don't have to book an expensive international trip in order to enjoy a romantic vacation for two.
The Manual: 4 Reasons Why You Should Visit Bowling Green, Kentucky
It would be both easy and accurate to say “food and bourbon” when asked why you should visit Bowling Green, but that would be selling this southern Kentucky city of some 67,000 folks more than short. As I recently discovered during about the busiest 48 hours of my life, two days is barely enough to scratch the surface of Bowling Green, situated two hours south of Louisville and one hour north of Nashville.
Newport Beach Magazine: Why Bowling Green Needs to Be on Your Travel Radar
A really fun mix of kitsch and quirk with a side of adventure and bourbon, Bowling Green is the South’s up and coming destination. The burgeoning town with southern charm and out of this world food is located along Route 65 between Nashville and Lexington in the rolling green hills of southern Kentucky, which makes it a great road trip destination.
Fodor's: 5 Reasons Not to Miss Bowling Green, Kentucky
Bowling Green, Kentucky is quintessential small-town America. From quirky attractions to a thriving brewery scene, the Kentucky town is worth a visit. And, at a little over an hour’s drive north of Nashville, it’s super convenient for a long weekend.
Travel+Leisure: This Down-to-earth Kentucky City Is the Unlikely Romantic Getaway of Your Dreams
Visiting Bowling Green simultaneously feels like a getaway and a homecoming. New experiences will elevate your mood, but there is a strong sense of community woven in through each of the town’s 35 square miles that will leave you considering extending your stay just a bit longer, if only to feel a part of their warm, inviting city.
The New York Times: Six Places to Get a Taste of the Fall Harvest
Visit the Kentucky Grand Hotel and Spa and Jackson's Orchard for a romantic autumn getaway in Kentucky.
Matador: Nine Underrated Destinations in the US For a Blowout Girls Trip
If you’ve seen and done it all in Nashville, consider heading an hour north to Bowling Green, Kentucky. This down-home spot is relaxed yet packed with unique activity options, from trekking the longest underground cave system in the world at Mammoth Cave National Park to taking a zip-line tour at Lost River Cave.
Readers Digest: 15 Most Underrated American Cities Worth a Visit
Trade horses for muscle cars by visiting Bowling Green, Kentucky, a city of 65,000 two hours south of Derby City, where you can check out the National Corvette Museum (and test drive a Corvette) and tour the GM Corvette assembly plant.
Trip Savvy: 8 Adventurous Things To Do Near Bowling Green, Ky.
Located in southern Kentucky, Bowling Green probably isn't the first place that comes to mind when adventure travelers are planning the next destinations to add to their bucket list. But this charming city has plenty to offer anyone looking to soak up the local hospitality while also enjoying some adrenaline-inducing activities too.
Cheat Sheet: 15 Things That Make Bowling Green Better Than Nashville (Including the One Thing You Can't See Anywhere Else on Earth)
If you’re like me and have never been to Bowling Green, it’s time to change that. Whether you’re traveling solo or bringing the whole family, there’s an adventure waiting for you there, and plenty of food and drinks to satisfy when you’re all done with thrill-seeking.
Corporate Event News: Corvettes, Caves and Conventions: Bowling Green, Kentucky
Situated in Southern Kentucky’s Cave Country and only an hour north of Nashville, Bowling Green, Kentucky is an interesting off-the-beaten-path option for your next small or mid-sized meeting or corporate retreat.
Forbes: The Underrated Music City Outside Of Nashville That Everybody Needs to Visit
While Nashville is known as "Music City," there's a neighboring town that needs to be on every music lover's radar. Just a short, one-hour drive from the popular Tennessee capital is Kentucky's, Bowling Green. Not only is the state's third largest city home to Western Kentucky University, it also has an up-and-coming music scene you can't ignore.
The Daily Meal: Home Cooking, Fast Cars, and World Class Ice Cream in Bowling Green
Bowling Green is Kentucky's third-largest city, after Louisville (about 100 miles to the northeast) and Lexington, with a population of just over 65,000. It's the home of a number of Civil War landmarks, exquisite old homes, and remarkable public buildings that can be visited on foot or by car on a leisurely drive. ... Everyone that I met there treated me like I was an old friend.
We're Getting Noticed!
Here is some noteworthy coverage the city and our attractions have received:
- The National Corvette Museum was named the 2020 USA Today 10Best Readers' Choice for Best Attraction for Car Lovers — July 2020
- The C8 Corvette was named the 2020 MotorTrend Car of the Year — November 2019
- The National Corvette Museum and Mammoth Cave National Park were named two of the top 10 spots to visit in Kentucky by Southern Living Magazine — November 2019
- Bowling Green was named one of the 30 Best Fall Weekend Getaways by Readers Digest — August 2019
- Bowling Green was featured as one of the 15 Most Underrated Cities Worth a Visit by Readers Digest — June 2018
- The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and Bowling Green Assembly Plant were featured on National Geographic Channel’s popular Ultimate Factories series- November 2007
- Bowling Green was featured on the Food Network's combination travel and food show, Feasting on Asphalt. The episode, “I Smell Pork,” included visits to Duncan Hines’ former Home and Office, Hines’ gravesite and Smokey Pig restaurant- July 2006
- National Geographic Adventure Magazine selected Bowling Green as one of the 50 Best Adventure Towns in the country- 2007 '50 Best Places to Live and Play' issue
- CNNMoney.com ranked Bowling Green as the 12th Best Place to Launch a Small Business for its size category of small cities with a population less than 250,000- 2009
- Bowling Green and the Bowling Green Area CVB were named to SportsEvents Magazine’s list of “Sports Destinations to Watch" as voted on by readers- 2011
- The National Corvette Museum was named one of the “Top 10 Automobile Museums” by Edmunds.com- 2007
- Olde Stone was named #8 in Golf Digest's ranking of America's Best New Courses in 2007 and #87 on GolfWeek’s Top 100 Modern Courses in 2010
- Chaney’s Dairy Barn was named the Best Ice Cream Parlor in Kentucky byUSA Today- 2010
- Forbes magazine ranked Bowling Green #19 on list of Best Small Places for Businesses and Careers- 2009
- Beech Bend Amusement Park was chosen as one of the Top 5 Friendliest Parks and its Kentucky Rumbler one of the Top 20 Best Wooden Roller Coasters by Amusement Today readers- 2007-2010
- Aviation Heritage Park was featured on KET's program "Kentucky Life" in 2013
What Will You Write about Us?!
Media Contact: Marissa Butler, Marketing Director
800-326-7465 or 270-782-0800
Coffee, please! This essential part of daily life is important for BG locals and visitors alike. Our town offers a variety of coffee shops with unique…