As the weather warms up and schools start letting out, summer is already on our minds. Here five ways you can kick-off your summer break in Bowling Green.
1. Find an adventure at Beech Bend Amusement Park and Splash Lagoon. Check out the award-winning Kentucky Rumbler — a wooden roller coaster that is the most twisted in a seven-state region. The park also features rides for people of all ages. Then cool off with a trip to the Splash Lagoon, where you can glide down the Lazy River or experience the Cyclone Saucers water slides.
2. Though the temperature is heating up outside, it’s nice and cool underground. If you’ve not visited Mammoth Cave National Park, then reserve your tickets in advance so you can explore this natural wonder. Mammoth Cave offers several different tours throughout the day, including its Accessible Tour that uses an elevator to enter the cave and has paths that can be navigated via wheelchair, scooter, and other assistive devices.
3. Keep your mind in top form with a trip to Conundrum Workshop. Get a group together and see if you can get out of one of its Escape Games with time to spare.
4. Jackson’s Orchard is the perfect spot to visit as summer gets underway. Kids will enjoy the playground, which costs $2 per child for all day play. You can even bring a picnic — though we recommend going back again later this summer or fall to try Jackson’s Orchard’s concession stand, which opens in July.
5. Get ready for some summer relaxation with a visit to Be Happy Yoga & Salt Cave. A guided meditation session in the salt cave is the perfect way to melt away stress from work or the school year — and it might even help you breathe better. Be Happy also offers a variety of yoga classes and massage therapy.