Frankfort, KY—January 22, 2017—Vicki H. Fitch, Executive Director of the Bowling Green Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, will serve as the 2017 Board Chairman of the Kentucky Travel Industry Association (KTIA). Fitch and other KTIA officers and board directors were elected by the Association’s membership at the Kentucky Travel Industry Annual Conference in November 2016 in Lexington. Jessica Warren, Director of Sales at Bowling Green’s Holiday Inn University Plaza – Sloan Convention Center, was elected as KTIA’s Board Director of Lodging Sales.
“The Kentucky travel industry is one of Kentucky’s premier economic generators and it is an honor to serve as the board chairman of the association that represents that industry,” Fitch said. “KTIA will be working hard this year to help Kentucky’s elected leaders and policy makers fully understand the enormous economic impact, jobs and tax revenue that tourism produces for our state and communities.”
The following are KTIA’s 2017 officers and newly-elected board directors:
- Board Chairman – Vicki Fitch, Executive Director, Bowling Green Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Chairman-elect – Randy Newcomb, Executive Director, Kentucky Lake Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Treasurer – John Shake, General Manager, Louisville Crowne Plaza
- Secretary – Mike Alexander, General Manager, Pikeville Hilton Garden Inn
- Immediate Past-Chairman – Mary Quinn Ramer, President, VisitLEX
- Lodging Director – Victor Patel, General Manager, Best Western – Corbin Inn
- Lodging Sales Director – Jessica Warren, Director of Sales, Holiday Inn University Plaza - Sloan Convention Center
- Industry Supplier Director – Stacy Bowman, Advertising Sales Director, The Group Travel Leader
- Attractions Director – Josh Hollifield, Visitor Center Director, Barton 1792 Distillery
- At–large Director – Troy Beam, Executive Director, Shepherdsville – Bullitt County Tourist & Convention Commission
- At-large Director – Carolyn Mounce, Executive Director, Somerset – Pulaski County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- At-large Director – Dawn Przystal, Executive Director, Bardstown – Nelson County Tourism & Convention Commission
KTIA represents all segments of Kentucky’s tourism industry, which has a total economic impact of $13.7 billion, supports 186,000 jobs, and generates $1.43 billion in local and state tax revenue. Association services to the industry include advocacy, education and information, and business development.