NATIONAL CORVETTE MUSEUM
MUSEUM IS OPEN DAILY AS OF JUNE 8 including newly renovated areas and exhibits!
What to expect:
- Sneeze barriers provided at all admissions terminals and paperless transaction terminals are offered.
- Guests will be encouraged to use credit/debit cards, with advanced online ticket purchases available and also encouraged, providing a no-touch option.
- Admission wristbands, brochures and tour maps have been removed and will not be used for the foreseeable future. A QR code is available to scan to access the tour map.
- Guests will be encouraged to wear face masks, with complimentary masks provided for those who do not have one.
- Touch screens are disabled and converted to looping graphics.
- The Museum flow of traffic is one way. Signage directs guests of that flow with social distancing decals interspersed on the floor.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the exhibit areas. Three restrooms with hand washing facilities are also available within the galleries.
- Guided public tours have been suspended. Private guided tours have fewer than 10 family members in them. Social distancing between guide and group is maintained.
More information can be found at corvettemuseum.org/museum-statement-on-covid-19/, or check out this quick video announcement!
Not only is the Corvette America's favorite sports car, but it's also the longest-running model car in the nation's history! And no other automotive museum in the world is dedicated to a single model car. So it's no wonder that enthusiasts and visitors alike are entranced by the 115,000 square foot National Corvette Museum located just off I-65 in Bowling Green, Kentucky, the Home of Corvette!
Recently named the "Best Attraction for Car Lovers" in the 2020 USA Today 10Best Readers' Choice awards, this top rated Kentucky museum features over 70 Corvettes, mostly on loan by private donors, that are showcased in periodic settings including mint classics, prototypes, rare finds and racing champs. Families will enjoy the KidZone with hands-on activities for children (temporarily unavailable due to Covid-19 guidelines), and the exhibit hall features rotating exhibits not always focused on the Corvette. Big kids love making their friends jealous when sharing photos of themselves in the "sitter" Corvette available in the lobby.
Of course, you can make your friends really jealous by paying an additional fee to ride around the property in one of the museum-owned Corvettes (seasonal only) or by having a full Corvette Experience at the adjacent Motorsports Park! Or consider taking a virtual spin in a real C6 Corvette on the Museum's Boulevard with the racing simulator! For a small fee, visitors can "drive" the modified Corvette with life-like movements surrounded by three video screens providing the racetrack's visuals. Trust us, it will get your adrenaline pumping and is worth the cost!
Most visitors complete the self-guided tour of the museum in an hour or so, and while guided tours have been temporarily suspended, private tours are available for groups of less than 10. The Corvette Cafe offers sandwiches, salads, and snacks if the crew gets hungry. If you're really serious about learning the history of Corvette, download the free audio tour online or via the Museum app. Recently certified as a Sensory Inclusive venue, sensory bags can be obtained at the admissions counter.
Country music fans can see the newly acquired 1978 Corvette owned by George Jones. Another highlight is certainly the interactive "Corvette Cave-In" exhibit that chronicles the sinkhole that opened up in the museum's Skydome swallowing eight Corvettes in 2014. Oh, and did we mention the gorgeous Next Generation C8 Corvettes that now line the Boulevard inside the Museum while waiting for the new owners to take part in the Delivery Program? Just walking by this many brand new Corvettes at once is worth the trip for some!
Open the full listing below for more details and links to the Museum's website and social media channels. Be sure to check out the Wendy's Twinkle at the Track drive-through lights display returning post-Thanksgiving weekend 2020 to the NCM Motorsports Park just across the street!
Hours: Open 8am-5pm, 7-days a week year-round except New Year's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.